19 June 2012

Multiplexing, oh, no!

Now, how did I get into this fix?

I'm reading three books together.

Children of the Sky I started by mistake, thinking it was the sequel to A Deepness in the Sky by Vernor Vinge. It's not. It's a sequel to A Fire Upon the Deep, which is the sequel to A Deepness in the Sky. Facepalm. I was already 11 chapters into it (with attendant spoilers, wail!) before sense struck, so now I'm reading the right sequel.

And the third? That's The Ophiuchi Hotline by John Varley, which the resident teenager insists that I've read already since it's been lying around the house for years. This is entirely possible, which means I have the delicious situation of having completely forgotten the entire plot. Given that Varley has a completely stupendous imagination, this is a treat for me.

Reviews later. Bear with me. I have to read three of them at once.

In the meantime, in the next post, I will mutter a bit about Fatal Cure by Robin Cook.

No comments:

Post a Comment