07 February 2021

More books I read in Aug 2011

Nope, I wasn't more prolific a reader then than I am now. It's just that I'm too lazy to write reviews these days. That may change, though. Not that anyone cares...

Finished reading Stone Cold by David Baldacci. Rating: Very Good. And Don't read the author's postscript until you've read the whole book. Trust me, you'll enjoy it better only after.

Back to reading The Mammoth Book of Horror Stories Read two more novellas. These, so far, have been based in the early 20th century, and mostly feel very dated. The writing and action (if any) tend to be slower than we are used to. However, the one I'm currently reading was written in 1986, and is 'faster', though also startlingly predictable. I'll tell you if it surprised me in the end.

Next up: The Summer of Riley by Eve Bunting

No comments:

Post a Comment